Ever since I started working at Dansk (a kitchen-ware factory outlet store), my summer days have become much more busy. It means I am usually working many mornings, most afternoons and evenings, every day. I'm grateful that I haven't had to work most Sundays but this month has been hectic with various employees taking time off on weekends, so I will have to work several Sundays. Thankfully, I don't have to go to work until after church is finished. This job would be part-time job #5 for me this summer, so with five jobs, most of my time is taken up. I like that I'm not bored and moping around at least. But with the job mix, it means there are some weeks where I'm working every single day for two weeks. Makes me really appreciate my days off when they finally come. :)
The long weekend last week, there was a triathlon held in town, so I checked it out with a few friends. I am amazed how athletes are so dedicated to training for competition! It's too bad I only got to catch the last part of the race...the part where the runners where running into the finish line! He he...next year, I plan to catch the cycling and swimming parts too, since it is a TRI-athlon after all.
A couple movies I've watched recently that I thought I'd recommend: The Devil Wears Prada was a funny, light-hearted comedy about the experiences of an aspiring young journalist who applies to work as an assistant to a fashion magazine editor in New York. It stars Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. I went into the movie with absolutely no expections, since I haven't read the book. Turns out I enjoyed the movie immensely! Almost like a Bridget Jones' Diaries type of light-hearted comedy. In case you haven't guessed yet...the "devil" is the magazine editor. :P
Saint Ralph is a movie from the library about a 14 year old boy about to face life as an orphan. He sets out to train and win the 1954 Boston marathon, desperatly believing that a miracle will bring his mother out of her coma. It is a really heart-felt movie about dedication and dreaming big, second chances, and believing in yourself and others.
When the Sky Falls is another library movie based on the true story of an Irish journalist who is determined to reveal a conspiracy within the crime gangs of 1996 Dublin, Ireland. A powerful film about "cleaning up" a city of its drugs and the courageousness of one woman who exposes the truths of her city.
Anyone else see some good movies lately??
The long weekend last week, there was a triathlon held in town, so I checked it out with a few friends. I am amazed how athletes are so dedicated to training for competition! It's too bad I only got to catch the last part of the race...the part where the runners where running into the finish line! He he...next year, I plan to catch the cycling and swimming parts too, since it is a TRI-athlon after all.
A couple movies I've watched recently that I thought I'd recommend: The Devil Wears Prada was a funny, light-hearted comedy about the experiences of an aspiring young journalist who applies to work as an assistant to a fashion magazine editor in New York. It stars Anne Hathaway and Meryl Streep. I went into the movie with absolutely no expections, since I haven't read the book. Turns out I enjoyed the movie immensely! Almost like a Bridget Jones' Diaries type of light-hearted comedy. In case you haven't guessed yet...the "devil" is the magazine editor. :P
Saint Ralph is a movie from the library about a 14 year old boy about to face life as an orphan. He sets out to train and win the 1954 Boston marathon, desperatly believing that a miracle will bring his mother out of her coma. It is a really heart-felt movie about dedication and dreaming big, second chances, and believing in yourself and others.
When the Sky Falls is another library movie based on the true story of an Irish journalist who is determined to reveal a conspiracy within the crime gangs of 1996 Dublin, Ireland. A powerful film about "cleaning up" a city of its drugs and the courageousness of one woman who exposes the truths of her city.
Anyone else see some good movies lately??
